Monday, February 20, 2012

Random

My daughter is one of two team leads at work.  They each have their own team and there is some good natured ribbing that goes on.

My daughter scheduled a meeting for her team and one of the gals asked if there would be beverages served.  She replied, "Zak's tears."  She did not disappoint.

She even gave a bottle to Zak.  She's just thoughtful that way. ;)

I started a tab to report on my goals because I didn't know how to do it with out being boring.  I came up with this.  I'll see if it works or not.  For now I'll post there and here.

I have to laugh because I thought 'going the distance' would be a lot of work.  And then I realized with the two a days I actually go further in a day than 3.1 miles.  But it was all at one go and you can't stop mid race and say BRB and show up in the evening to finish.  So I still think that going the long distance on Sunday is good.  I'll add hills and what not as time goes on, but for now I wanted to know my legs could do it.

Other Random:  VD day was awesome and my sweetie got me a living Orchid.  Did you know you water them with 3 ice cubes a week?  Now I've always heard you give plants tepid water so you don't shiver their poor roots.  Maybe they like the cold, or the chill after the ice has melted and seeps through the soil.

Saturday I cooked.  Yep, it worked out very well.  I was going to use a recipe from a work mate but she forgot it and so I went to Harmons and got one of their stuffed chicken breasts and made a side salad.  I didn't burn the chicken and so I'm calling it a success.

Meant to work on my story a bit more yesterday, but.... it seemed to be a day of rest for me and I gladly gave in to the urge.   We have today off at work and after I go to the market I'll be home for some serious BICHOK -- what is the anachronism for Butt in chair, hands on keys... that does not look right.

All in all it was a good week.

2 comments: