Sunday, August 14, 2011

HOA and Turtles

Someone after my own heart...

I realize that an HOA serves a useful purpose, theoretically.  However, the HOA where I reside turns a blind eye to some and targets others.  For those of us with a bulls-eye on our front door, all I can say is that it sucks to not be of the predominant religion, or any religion for that matter.  Maybe that's  not the criteria, but ...

Chester and I go past one yard frequently and the corner of the grass got totally torn up over the winter.  The car that kept driving across the corner might have had something to do with it. Ya think?  I remember looking at the mess wondering what the HOA would make of it. 

I am now relatively certain the owner got a letter from the HOA saying something to the effect that the corner MUST be dealt with, article 3 of the 123rd revision clearly states that thou shalt not have a muddy patch where grass once resided... please send us $25.00 for the infraction and fix it within 10 days or we'll send someone to fix it at your cost.

Fix it they did.  They plamted a few bushes, some flowers... made a nice corner.  The picture I took does not do it justice.  I'm posting it anyway 'cause I love these people.  They FIXED the problem and then let the rest of the grassy area go wild.  I just laughed and laughed and laughed.  It was a big middle finger to the HOA.  Corner is fixed!!

Of course now the HOA will send out a notice that they need to mow... please send us $50.00 or .... but in the mean time, I find it very funny.


Turtles

I mentioned over on Julie's blog the other day that we have a herd of turtle.  We didn't intentionally start collecting turtles, it just sort of happened.    What I love best about them is how they move around. In the morning they might look like this:


And by the time I get home from work, they are doing this:

You just never know what the turtles will be doing next.
Why, yes... I am easily amused, why do you ask?
= )


4 comments:

  1. That solultion IS funny!

    Yay, I adore your turtle herd! (I'm easily amused too.) Which reminds me, we have a flamingo down in the front yard....
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm familiar with that sensation where I almost know for sure that the reason things are being done or said is because someone has become aware that I'm an atheist but they don't have the nerve to act overtly. Jerks.
    Love the turtles. When I was a vegetarian for years, I used to go to this pond where there was always a 'bale' (herd) of turtles. They were known for hiding. They would always surface and come near when I came around. I always thought it was because they didn't smell meat on me. I wish I could go back to being a vegetarian. It's very difficult here, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bale of turtle. I can impress the children with my new found knowledge. ;)

    ReplyDelete