Thursday, July 14, 2011

So THAT'S where you are.

We have a Spot on the boat.  It's a little device that can send out a photo of where you are currently. A fancy GPS kind of thing. 

Doug sent one from the boat yesterday.  Yep.  He's right where I thought he'd be.  It does give latitude and longitude and I could plot their course over the next few days if I was ambitious, but...eh.  At least I know the boat is still afloat.

A co-worker asked if I was worried about him.  It hadn't dawned on me to be worried.  Doug is such a "McGuiver" kind of person.  Multiply that by another Hendricks boy on the boat and there is not anything they couldn't accomplish, fix, jury-rig.  Everyone in the family is a freaking genius. They view the world though some sort of math/analytical mind and no problem is to big. They just break down all the components add some bubble gum, three screws, a bolt,  duct tape and problem solved.

I, on the other hand, am the balance to Doug's universe.  Being a bear of little brains and very irrational mind. I can't begin to imagine how he views the world, and I don't think I'd want to even if I could.  I like the wonder and don't need to know that what I view as magic is really (fill in long explanation complete with chalkboard diagrams). 

3 comments:

  1. I, on the other hand, would love to have a Doug-type mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? I seems so... limited. The inability to accept that things happen just 'cause they do... no reason, no explanation, just 'cause.

    Don't get me wrong. The world needs the "Doug's", I know I'm happy he's here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, this is exactly like me and Dan... and yes, all those things you and I don't understand are just magical. And I'm SO good with that.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete